1. WHO ARE YOU? TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR COMPANY.
My name is Amr! I started Starline Genetics. Detroit Michigan born and raised by Egyptian parents who immigrated in 1969. Grew up searching strains on dial up internet fantasizing about grows. Lived in Los Angeles for a while and experienced very high end work from the north. Spent many years phenohunting for a few rare building block specimens to start morphing into unique lines. Biology and Genetics background, spent some time in human stem cell and tissue culture research, was almost published. The mission of Starline Genetics is to improve and refine commercially viable genetics, morph favored lines into higher levels of quality, and combine new with old. Through strict selection and done with organics.
2. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START BREEDING?
Love of the plant and unlocking all its variations and expressions.
3. WHAT IS YOUR PRIMARY METHOD OF GROWING? INDOOR/OUTDOOR? SOIL/ROCKWOOL?
Fully organic streamlined with scientific method.
4. DESCRIBE WHAT MAKES YOUR GENETICS AND YOUR COMPANY UNIQUE.
Grassroots started from zero. Our starting building block genetics were selected from rare old stock Gage Green Genetics that proved their vigor over a long period of time and were loved for their unique character.
5. WHAT ARE YOU SEEKING TO ACHIEVE IN BREEDING? WHAT IS YOUR PHILOSOPHY ON BREEDING?
We are seeking to serve the growing community by providing prosperous genetics as we have received from OG breeders, paying it forward to the next generation of phenohunters and stewards of the plant. Our philosophy is to improve desired traits with each generation and provide stable and prosperous AAA specimens.
6. WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN FIVE YEARS? TEN YEARS?
In the future I see myself working a series of super-lines and advancing research in regenerative organic soil, health, and life science.
7. WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CANNABIS? ARE YOU A HEAVY SMOKER?
The plant is a sacred and symbiotic partner in life which heals, provides, and is an art form.
8. WHAT SHOULD PEOPLE LOOK OUT FOR IN YOUR LINEUP?
Exotic colors, aromas, special effects, strong plant structure and vigor.